Oracle Enterprise Linux on VMware Server

From: <ryan_gaffuri_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 20:41:03 +0000

Has anyone gotten Oracle's Linux to run properly on VMWare? I don't know alot about linux anyway.. so it may just be me. I can't get the networking to work. I am using Bridge Connection in VMWare(as Howard Rogers recommends on www.dizwell.com) I am using a static IP. I ran an IP config on my Windows XP host and used the IP address from here: Ethernet adapter VMware Network Adapter VMnet1: I changed the last number by one digit. So 195.175.25.1 became 195.175.25.1 and used a subnet mask of: 255.255.255.0 I can contanct my host, but I can't get to the internet. Also, when I use dhcp my network service will not even start. Been through the vmware and redhat docs. Again I don't pretend to be a systems administrator, but this can't be that complicated.