Local write wait , wait event

From: VanZanen, J (Jacob) <Jacob.VanZanen_at_rabobank.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 11:00:51 +1000

Hi All

I have found this archive post about this wait <Post>
The only time I have seen local write wait and tracked it back to source, it has been the query co-ordinator cleaning up after parallel execution slaves have been involved in parallel create table / index. Each slave thinks it owns a segment, so creates a segment header as the first block of the data it generates. The QC wipes all but one of them and puts them into the segment free list. There may be other reasons that I've not yet come across.
Regards Jonathan Lewis
</Post>

I seem to be getting this wait event only during the creation of indexes and according to session_wait it is on the temp files (file id).

Now I am creating these indexes noparallel but there is an alter session enable parallel dml.

Could I be hitting the decribed scenario above on the sorting in the temp tablespace. And if so how do I check it? Bit rusty on the tracing as I have not done it for quite some time

Brgds

Jack

This email, including any attachments, may be confidential or privileged, and is sent for the personal attention of the intended recipient. If you have received this email in error, please delete it immediately. The views expressed are not necessarily those of the Rabobank Group. The Group is not liable for the effects of any virus which may be contained in this email.

If this email contains marketing material and you do not wish to receive such material by email in future, please reply to this email and place the words "Remove My Details - Electronic Messages" in the Subject Header.

The Rabobank Group

Australia: 1800 025 484
New Zealand: 0800 500 933