high Rollback per transaction %: 96%

From: fmhabash <fmhabash_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 16:20:45 -0400

I have seen a DB where SP is showing 96% for this stat. It means is Oracle is rolling back almost every transaction. However, I can not believe that is totally true. Upon further investigation I found out these stats:

When I plotted SP data for a period of 7 days normalized by second for transactions, user rbs, and transaction rbs, it was clear that user rb were 90% of txns whereas transaction rbs were about 30%.

Furthermore, trying to understand what Oracle labels user vs. transaction rollback, I tested it in my play database and came up with this behavior:

So, based on all the mess above, can someone please address these inquires please ...
- does the SP metric Rollback per transaction include user and
transaction rollbacks or just transactions. Or whatever else.
- Based on this data, how can I correctly interpret the metric value.