Re: Highwater mark for tablespace and table

From: fmhabash <fmhabash_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:18:00 -0400

yes, they are. For tables, it is a concept that is well documented and is directly related to DML operations. There are procedures in Oracle on how to reset it. For tablespaces, however, I can conceptualize it on my own and I can see a way to do it. But I have not read that Oracle has done so. AFAIK, such concept does not exist for tablespaces neither can I see it of any value when it comes to serving DB transactions.