Re: Varitas Cluster Software + Oracle Clusterware Installation

From: Dan Norris <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 06:52:27 -0700 (PDT)

"...There is no way i can have multiple instance without oracle clusterware..." That is a true statement in 10g and above on all platforms. dn ----- Original Message ---- From: Arif Gulzar <gulzar.arif_at_gmail.com> Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 8:24:12 AM Subject: Re: Varitas Cluster Software + Oracle Clusterware Installation It means if i have only VCS(which probebly our mgmt is going for) i have option of singel instance not multiple for one database, and i can enjoy failover of single instance, -------For Multiple instance i should have oracle Clusterware(which our DBAs) are not ready for ----There is no way i can have multiple instance without oracle clusterware....Make me right if i am not...I have to clear this to our mgmt... Arif