RE: 10g ORDER BY Performance (not sure about that subject line)

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 11:57:37 -0400

First, I'm a bit surprised that disabling hash aggregation didn't force sort aggregation which should produce an ordered set of groups as a side effect (not to be confused with valid SQL and specifically warned against being relied on by Oracle since at least November 1988.) I would check the plan generated and v$parameter to be certain the setting is being effectively set simultaneously with getting an unordered result set.

Did I get it correct from the original post that these all involve group by statements?

If verifying the plan and parameter setting yields no joy, then it seems likely that a sed, awk or perl script to pass across your script library and generate a ORDER BY that matches the GROUP BY is not too much of a stretch. Since you have over 1000 scripts it seems likely this is less error prone than attempting hand repairs.