exercise for the day

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 10:53:16 +0100

Prompted by a couple of other discussions.

  1. Go to metalink.
  2. Choose 'all sources' from the drop down list.
  3. Enter your company name or a distinguishing part of it into the search box.
  4. Search.

It seems to me that you might find a number of interesting things out about your company that perhaps ought not to be publicly searchable.

Oh and bear in mind that I'm not especially blaming Oracle here - in our case we got 7 bugs over the last 4 years that refer to us - but a rather larger number of forum topics from an on-site consultant (before my time). It would be nice however if publicly accessible bugs had customer information removed from them.

--

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

--