Second listener is not working

From: J. Dex <cemail_219_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 22:04:43 -0400

Why would a database not connect under a new listener on a different port (1522) but will still connect under the old listener (1521) even though it is no longer in the sid_desc list for that listener and both listeners have been bounced?

I created a second listener using netca (9206 on Linux) on a different port.   I then altered listener.ora to move one of the databases so that it would now be under the description for the second listener on the other port. I stopped and restarted both listeners. When I try to connect, it will still only connect to the 1521 port listener (even though it is not under that description anymore). I get ORA-12535 when trying to connect with it under the correct port (1522) with the second listener.

On Linux, I am not sure how to tell if the 1522 port is open.

Booking a flight? Know when to buy with airfare predictions on MSN Travel. http://travel.msn.com/Articles/aboutfarecast.aspx&ocid=T001MSN25A07001