RE: 10g ORDER BY Performance

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 00:25:07 +0800

Hi Pete,

wow! haven't seen such mess before!

If the scripts have been tested on 9i then go live with 9i (although you will definitely have some surprises, when someone enables parallelism, oracle starts favouring range scan on another index etc etc etc etc).

I would freeze any changes to db schema, optimizer & system stats close to absolute zero.

otherwise if 10g is inevitable, set the optimizer_features_enabled to 9i and freeze all stats again.

anyway, if you're the one who has to support this application I think it's wise to start looking for a new job ;)

good luck!

--
Regards,
Tanel Poder