Fwd: Redo format changes breaking replication?

From: David Mann <dmann99_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 09:28:50 -0400

> From: Roby Sherman <rxsherm_at_interealm.com>
> Subject: Redo format changes breaking replication?
> Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 16:16:18 -0600
>
> All,
>
> Has anyone had experiences with any of these 3rd party vendors
> provide their own "log-based" replication tools for Oracle? More
> specifically, has anyone had any situations where an Oracle patchset
> or upgrade "broke" such a tool, because the redo log format had
> changed in some subtle way? How long did it take you to get a fix/
> update from the vendor, etc?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --Roby

Ive been using Golden Gate for Oracle 9i on Windows and Linux for 2+ years and have not had any issues with Redo Log Format changes causing an issue. We have been through all CPU patches as well as the 9.2.0.1 -> 9.2.0.4 -> 9.2.0.5 -> 9.2.0.7 path.

I have had some issues where I found bugs while we were testing and Golden Gate is dedicated to getting customers back up and running quickly. They have provided one-off patches to fix immediate issues and have also followed up to get us to upgrade once the one-off fix was incorporated into one of their major releases.

--
Dave Mann
www.brainio.us