RE: 10RAC and the network interfaces

From: Murtuja Khokhar <murtuja_oracle_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 21:33:52 -0700 (PDT)

Sir,

  Please tell me what directories I need to create and permission for this directories.

I am creating these directories before starting CRS installation.

mkdir -p /opt/oracle/product/10.2.0/crs
chown -R root:oinstall /opt/oracle/product/10.2.0/crs
chmod -R 775 /opt/oracle/product/10.2.0/crs

mkdir -p /opt/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1
chown -R root:oinstall /opt/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1 chmod -R 775 /opt/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1
mkdir -p /opt/oracle/admin
chown -R root:oinstall /opt/oracle/admin
chmod -R 775 /opt/oracle/admin

mkdir -p /var/tmp/.oracle

mkdir -p /tmp/.oracle
mkdir -p /var/opt/oracle
chown -R oracle:oinstall /var/tmp/.oracle
chown -R oracle:oinstall /tmp/.oracle
chown -R oracle:oinstall /var/opt/oracle

Herring Dave - dherri <Dave.Herring_at_acxiom.com> wrote:   True and that was a difficult part for myself. But as part of that effort I found myself a lot more confident with the installation. You'll rarely find a site/document listing all possible problems, covering every issue. What I did is start a document of my own and as I came across a problem, I documented it as I resolved it, then tried again.

HTH. Dave

David C. Herring, DBA | A c x i o m Delivery Center Organization

630-944-4762 office | 630-430-5988 wireless | 630-944-4989 fax

KLange_at_ppoone.com;