RAC SIG Webcast: Thu 8/23 @ 9 AM Pacific, Oracle Database 11g: Simplifying Management of Oracle Database Files

From: Dan Norris <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 19:09:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone,

I am the events chairperson for the RAC SIG and I thought it was appropriate to send the below announcement to this list. The webcast is free and we'd appreciate it if you'd sign up for an account on the RAC SIG website (www.oracleracsig.org) if you attend. Hope to see you there!

Thanks!
Dan

P.S. Someone please let me know (privately) if this is inappropriate for this list.

News:

The details for this week's session are below.

NOTE: Previous sessions are available for replay by accessing the Web Seminars tab on the RAC SIG website. The previous session playback links are listed at the bottom of the Web Seminar tab along with any presentation materials that the presenter has provided.

This week:

Thursday, 23-Aug-2007, 9 AM Pacific
*Oracle Database 11g: Simplifying Management of Oracle Database Files*
Presented by Oracle

Automatic Storage management (ASM) in Oracle Database 11g further automates database file management to reduce the management overhead for DBAs as well as system and storage administrators. We will discuss benefits of the new features in Oracle Database 11g ASM such as massive scalability and performance, fast mirror resynchronization for higher availability, enhanced extended cluster support, rolling upgrades and expanded ASMCMD line interface and more. We will introduce the new SYSASM privilege and how this allows for the separation of roles and responsibilities between system admins and DBAs. We will also discuss best practices in the life cycle of ASM management: preparation, deployment and operation.

This Week's Webcast Connection Info:

Webcast URL (use Internet Explorer, **** Conference Key: RAC ****):

https://conference.oracle.com/imtapp/app/cmn_jm_hub.uix?mID=85090257&mConfKey=RAC

(note, the above URL may have been broken apart--please reassemble it before using it)

Voice can either be heard via the webconference or via the following dial in:
From US/Canada dial: +1-877-814-3159
For International participants: +1-706-634-9616 (or use the audio via the web to avoid international charges)
**** Passcode: RAC ****

Check the website for more future sessions: http://www.oracleracsig.org/pls/htmldb/f?p=105:200

How to Register:

There is no cost to attend the sessions. All we ask is that you create an account on the new RAC SIG website and enter some details on your 10g RAC implementation (or 9i RAC + 10g planned date)

Go to: http://www.oracleracsig.org/

Once there, the web seminar information is available on the "Web Seminars" tab at the top of the page. In order to see the dial in information and URL for the webcast, you'll have to register (or login if you're already registered). You should allow 5 or 10 minutes in order to connect to the webcast and ensure that you are able to see the presentation.

Also note that a chat facility is available for you to ask questions and audio will be sent to your computer via the webcast. So, if you can hear audio via your PC speakers, there's no need to dial in on the telephone.

To get feedback to us, please email me, Dan Norris, at dannorris_at_dannorris.com or any of the officers of the SIG (contact information listed at
http://www.oracleracsig.org/pls/htmldb/f?p=105:225). With your feedback, we can continue to offer interesting and useful events that will help your RAC implementations.

Control over Communication Preferences

The RAC SIG site now allows you to set your communication preferences, subscribe to forums, participate in RAC & ASM product surveys, and see general announcements about the RAC SIG. If you do not want any email from the RAC SIG, this option may be chosen as well. You may also delete your account from the RAC SIG site.

All of these preferences can be accessed by logging in and then going to the Profile tab.

Thanks for your participation in the RAC SIG.

Dan Norris
RAC SIG Events Chair
NEW EMAIL ADDRESS: dannorris_at_dannorris.com