Re: range/range partition

From: Job Miller <jobmiller_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 10:08:56 -0700 (PDT)

range/range doesn't exist until 11g.

  you could do multi-column range in 10g, but it doesn't behave as you are thinking.

  It really behaves like list/range for that multi-column partitioning key.

  in other words, range, sub range, is in 11g,   multi-column range in 10g requires the leading part of the partitioning key is an exact match in order to than use the second half of the key, otherwise, it puts the data into the same sub-partition all the time.

  Job

genegurevich_at_discover.com wrote:
  Hi everybody:

I am trying to create a table partitioned by range/range - that is partition by range by column1 and subpartition by range by column2. My command is erroring out and I don't see anything about range/range partition in the manual
(I only see range/list and range/hash). The manual does describe the range partitioning by multiple columns.
Is that what I need to do instead of range/range partitioning?

thank you

Gene Gurevich

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Aug 21 2007 - 12:08:56 CDT