fun problem

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 11:08:13 -0500

Well we have a fun one going on here. A clustered server, 9.2.0.7 on AIX 64 bit started losing file systems last night. Its happened before, and we thought we had solved the problem twice before. We are currently running on just one of the two servers in the cluster. My boss has decided that we are going to build a new server, and reduce the number of layers that are involved in the cluster,. RIght now we Veritas and aix and at least one other piece of software on top of oracle clusterware. We want to upgrade Veritas and make it the only layer on top of the clusterware. So, we are going to have to build the new server, move the data, and bring up the instances on the new server. My boss initially thought we would need to move the crs and votedisk, but my thought is to bring the instances up non clustered first, then cluster them. We have 7 databases on this cluster. Has anyone done this before, or have any thoughts? We have to minimize down time since this is production. We have opened a service request with Oracle by the way.

--
Andrew W. Kerber