Re: 11g Archive Logs?

From: Roby Sherman <rxsherm_at_interealm.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 19:41:39 -0600

I think you got yourself a bug there... Here's what I found (Fedora Linux 32-bit x86):

1> log_archive_dest_1 = 'location=/mypath' works as expected.

2> If I do ALTER SYSTEM ... SCOPE=both for: ----log_archive_dest_1=''
----db_recovery_file_dest='/mypath'

then SELECT DEST_NAME, DESTINATION FROM V$ARCHIVE_DEST, I get:

log_archive_dest_1 is empty
show parameter log_archive_dest_1 is empty

3> If I *RESTART* the instance and then SELECT DEST_NAME, DESTINATION FROM V$ARCHIVE_DEST, I get:

log_archive_dest_1 = $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/arch show parameter log_archive_dest_1 is still empty

Geez, that's a pretty basic QA test. Doesn't Oracle test ANYTHING anymore? :)

--Roby