Re: Early 11g Advanced Table Compression #'s

From: Pedro Espinoza <raindoctor_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 13:41:18 -0400

You responded to my post, which in turn was a response to a poster, who called his tests horrible. Horrible, epistemically speaking, amounts to being FALSE: this is how oracle has taught to systematically think!

Well, forget instrumentation, but you are dealing with a black box, a turning machine whose state machine is not known to the users.

Systematic explanation is not so much about finding what factors cause problem, but one that tells exact relationship between these factors; if some cases dont follow this relationship, one can also postulate a set of hypotheses that are protective belts, and which explain these negative cases. IN other words, it is like asking for the state machine of the black box turing machine that oracle is, or find the matrix representation of that black box.

We have a group that claims "it all depends", who is fighting burleson who publishes heuristics (which are fallible, of course). This "it all depends" is trivial, end of the story: if you wanna bark, you are welcome to do it how many times you want).

There is no need for me to lecture on systematics. There are books, journals, around that precisely deal with the growth of human knowledge--whether it is in the area of atomic physics or in the area of economics.