RE: temp tablespace blow up

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 08:26:16 +0800

Btw, the v$sort_usage & v$tempseg_usage have "lied" for me before (due bugs or anomalies).

If you're just interested in how much free space there's available for you then use v$temp_extent_pool...

Tanel.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Jay.Miller_at_tdameritrade.com Sent: Friday, August 17, 2007 06:56
To: lyallbarbour_at_sanfranmail.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: temp tablespace blow up

Just because no one else mentioned it (that I noticed) I'll point out that having a large number of extents in the temp tablespace is fine and no reason to drop it. The temporary extents are reused whenever needed.

If you are ever concerned about current usage of the temp tablespace you can look at v$sort_usage.