RE: for d in c loop; insert; commit ...

From: <Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 08:15:56 -0400

I think that 'back then' the developers where trying to avoid the snapshot to old error... even if it had to begin over, some of it would be committed already.... (I'm just the messenger).

When inserting... it appears that 'old' habit has infiltrated every peace of code... perhaps to the point where they forgot why they did the committing in the first place, inside a loop.... let alone use the mod function, so now all DML commits every 50 rows... (only 50 rows? Wholly mollie).

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
joel.patterson_at_crowley.com
x72546