Re: No Oracle Support for 11g yet

From: Dan Norris <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 14:13:28 -0700 (PDT)

http://blogs.oracle.com/Support/2007/07/18#a18 You might check this blog entry from Chris Warticki--it's enlightening. You don't necessarily have to change severity to escalate. It outlines the process to escalate your SR. Here's an excerpt: Customers can escalate any Service Request, for any Severity, at any time. The process for Escalation is very simple. Initiate escalation by calling the respective 800# for your Product Support TeamFeel free to update your SR/Case by documenting that you've requested escalation, however do not initiate escalation via electronic means.Do not Escalate by calling your account/sales team - common mistake. Provide the Support Engineer who answers your call your existing Service Request/Case number and request "to speak to the Escalation Manager"Do not ask for an update in the SR/Case - this is the #1 mistake.Do not ask for an increase in Severity/Priority - this is the #2 mistake.The Manager will be identified and notified and will contact you back - typically in less than 30 minutes.During that discussion, express your concerns, develop an agreeable action plan and commit to open communication with that manager on an ongoing basis.Maybe that'll help--sure helped me. ----- Original Message ---- From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@OneNeck.com> To: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@yahoo.com>; oracle-l@freelists.org Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 1:16:50 PM Subject: RE: No Oracle Support for 11g yet It's just a severity 4 - just asking exactly what features of SQL Plan Management we can & can't use without diagnostics & tuning pack licenses. In the 11g license guide (here http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28359_01/license.111/b28287/options.htm#CIHFIHFG) it says the tuning pack is required for "Automatic Plan Evolution", but I don't see that term clearly defined anywhere in the documentation so I'm not sure exactly what it means. I would definitely be escalating if it was a higher severity, but in this case it's understandable if the response is a little slow - hopefully not more than a couple days though. From: Robert Freeman [mailto:robertgfreeman@yahoo.com] Escalate the SR. What sev is it. If it's a 4 you could end up waiting 21 days... :-) Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message or attachments hereto. Please advise immediately if you or your employer do not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.