Re: Flash Recovery Area - Have you seen it change sizes as if by magic?

From: Alex Gorbachev <ag_at_oracloid.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 23:45:26 -0400

Not really. Saw issues with improper management but not with chaotic change of value for init.ora parameter. I bet someone changed it in some way.
Changed directly in init.ora or spfile?
Or maybe someone did increase back then with scope=memory (or even spfile wasn't used)?

On 8/13/07, Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm working on a Standard Edition database on XP, 10g.
> I'm seeing the FRA size change. In July it was set to
> 200GB, and now, as if by magic, it's changed to some
> lower value, which of course it trouble!! The alert
> log does not show any alter system commands that would
> have downsized this parameter.
>
> Has anyone seen anything like this?
>
> RF
>
> Robert G. Freeman
> Author:
> Now Available for Pre-Sales on Amazon.com!!!!
> Oracle Database 11g New Features (Oracle Press)
> Portable DBA: Oracle (Oracle Press)
> Oracle Database 10g New Features (Oracle Press)
> Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press)
> Oracle9i New Feature
> Blog: http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com/s (Oracle Press)

Alex Gorbachev, Oracle DBA Brewer, The Pythian Group
http://www.pythian.com/blogs/author/alex http://www.oracloid.com
BAAG party - www.BattleAgainstAnyGuess.com