Re: TNS:protocol adapter not loadable

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 10:09:01 -0700

On 8/13/07, J. Dex <cemail_219_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> I can no longer login to 9207 database on Windows 2003 from command line.
> am getting ORA-12557: TNS:protocol adapter not loadable. The only
> difference that I am aware of since this
> last worked is that ORACLE_HOSTNAME Environment Variable was set and
> 10.2.0.1
> has been installed on the box.

When you installed 10.2, the PATH was altered to put the 10.2 binaries ahead of
those in the 9207 database.

The Oracle Home Selector does not work with Oracle 10+.

Ergo, you must manually set your environment for 9i when using the command line.

This may or may not be the problem, but it seems a likely suspect.

Oracle on Windows - Just say no.

--
Jared Still