Re: Oracle 11g - Invisible Indexes

From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 18:36:02 -0700 (PDT)

Robert

  I was looking for the same feature on onew of the link   http://www.datasoftech.com/library/DSI_11g_Inv.pdf

  and found that it is been referred as feature and it will only availble when one of the init.ora is not Eanbled.

  I like this document but One point I didn't got in the doc is that it says that if you Rebuild the index it will make it visible. Have you noticed this fact as I am going to download 11g tomorrow and try it.

  Is it a bug or is there any Rebuild option that can still keep it Invisible. I am not able to find the option in Doc listed on OTN.

  Sanjay

Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com> wrote:   On my blog now, 11g New Feature, Invisible Indexes.

http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com/

Enjoy!!

RF

Robert G. Freeman
Oracle Consultant/DBA/Author
Principal Engineer/Team Manager
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Father of Five, Husband of One,
Author of various geeky computer titles from Osborne/McGraw Hill (Oracle Press)
Oracle Database 11g New Features Now Available for Pre-sales on Amazon.com! BLOG: http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com/ Sig V1.2

Building a website is a piece of cake.

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Sun Aug 12 2007 - 20:36:02 CDT