Re: Unexpected result from ALL_TABLES

From: Ram Srinivasan <srinivasanram2004_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 15:44:34 -0400

All:
  There was a concern at my work place. That is why I raised this issue here.
  A particular user can see only the objects he was given privilege to in the ALL_ tables.
  I performed some tests, and told the management that it cannot be revoked. Some of the packages and functions call some of the Oracle built-in packages suchs as UTL_FILE, etc., and if we revoke execute on sys.UTL_FILE from public, that is it., All the dependent objects will become invalid. Right? Then we have to create a new role, assign these to that role, and give that role to whoever wants. This is insane.

  Sanity Now, Insanity Later.

  So, let us consider the topic closed. We need ALL_ objects so that users can see the objects they have priv to in these ALL_ views.

  Thank you all.

Ram Srinivasan

--
Sincerely