RE: nls_length_semantics showing different Values!

From: Hallas, John (EXP N-ARM) <john.hallas_at_lmco.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 13:33:13 +0100

I will have to refresh my memory but I am certain that one remains in the state it was when the database was created and the other changes based on init.ora settings

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of edwin devadanam Sent: 09 August 2007 13:04
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: nls_length_semantics showing different Values!

Hi,

O/S is HP-UX

1)select * from nls_database_parameters; NLS_LENGTH_SEMANTICS CHAR   2)select * from V$nls_parameters;
NLS_LENGTH_SEMANTICS BYTE   3)In init.ora it is
nls_length_semantics = BYTE

ours is 10.2.0.2

why is this difference?

Regards,