RE: Can we revoke select priv from all_users tables??

From: Mathias Zarick <Mathias.Zarick_at_trivadis.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 17:24:36 +0200

there are even recommendationsto to revoke this if you have critical security requirements.
but some tools like toad, do not really like this, some objects might get invalid.
for those you would grant the select priv's to the users directly. see
http://www.devshed.com/c/a/Oracle/Securing-the-Database/7/ or
http://www.petefinnigan.com/forum/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=ora_sec;action=dis play;num=1135003136

cheers Mathias

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Rumpi Gravenstein Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 3:31 AM To: srinivasanram2004_at_gmail.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Can we revoke select priv from all_users tables??

<snip>
  Is there a way to REVOKE the select priv from the all_ tables for a user?
 </snip>

One thought ... you could set up user specific synonyms that point to fake tables that hide the public synonyms .

Granted that's not a great solution as with a little work a user can still get to the underlying public views, but it does add a barrier between a user and whatever tables you want to cloak.

--
Rumpi Gravenstein