RE: Can we revoke select priv from all_users tables??

From: JOHNSTON, WAYNE <wjohnsto_at_fccj.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 10:56:18 -0400

Ram,

It may be just my nature, but I have to ask why you want to do this? Is there some audit requirement that a user not query all_tables to see the tables he has been granted access to?

Wayne Johnston

Adabas Database Administrator

Oracle Database Administrator

FCCJ: 904-997-2907 CELL: 904-607-1889   No one shall be subjected to arbitrary arrest, detention or exile.

Article 9. United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, December 10, 1948

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Ram Srinivasan Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 5:49 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RE: Can we revoke select priv from all_users tables??

All:

  I am creating a user as:

create user test1 identified by fannymayofomaha

default tablespace def001

temporary tablespace temp01;

  This user test1 has access to all the user_ tables and all_ tables. I believe that when a user is created he automatically receives the select priv to these all_ and user_ tables.

  Is there a way to REVOKE the select priv from the all_ tables for this user?

  Thanks for your input.

--
Sincerely
Ram Srinivasan