History on dynamic parameters

From: <jurgen_mortier_at_amis.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 15:32:50 +0200

Hi,

I'm a junior DBA and I have an Oracle 9.2.0.4.0 running on Solaris 8 which has been restarted on July 28th (by my collegue currently on FTO) to change some parameters:
- shared_pool_reserved_size= from 60M to 100 M

Since then users report that queries are running twice as long as before.

On August 2nd I tried to change back the last 2 parameters (since they were dynamic), but the CKPT process was consuming 1 complete CPU and I was forced to reboot the system on the 3rd. At that time I changed the parameters back to 600M and 1800 seconds.

Since that didn't improve the response time, I started realizing that other dynamic parameters might have been changed dynamically without the init file being updated.

Does anyone know of a way to find back the history of those (dynamic) parameters (accross DB restarts) ?

Regards
Jürgen Mortier

AMI Semiconductor - "Silicon Solutions for the Real World" NOTICE:
This electronic message contains information that may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender and delete the copy you received.