RE: sort latch usage in MTS mode

From: Ted Coyle <oracle-l_at_webthere.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 08:28:28 -0400

"Looks like not much people have the experience with 10g MTS yet."

Yet? I hope never..

MTS is bad, plain and simple. This falls into my "Don't by a problem" category.

Since leaving 8i behind, I've seen MTS as something that should be used as a short term work-around.

I've found hardware load balancing and application pooling to be far more effective without incurring queuing inherent with MTS.

Ted