RE: RMAN - Duplicate Database with Veritas to new server

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 15:40:31 -0700

That's weird, it works fine for me with 5.1 MP4 on AIX - I ran the following successfully just last month:

        rman target sys/pwd_at_baanprd <mailto:sys/pwd_at_baanprd> catalog rman/pwd_at_rcat <mailto:rman/pwd_at_rcat> auxiliary / msglog $RESTORE_LOG append <<EOF

	run{
	allocate auxiliary channel ch1 type 'SBT_TAPE' parms
'ENV=(NB_ORA_CLIENT=baanprd01)';
	duplicate target database to baantst;
	}
	EOF

So it sounds like the problem was either introduced in MP5, or is specific to Windows, or maybe is only a problem when sending multiple parameters?

Anyway, I'll keep an eye out for it if we have difficulty with DUPLICATE DATABASE in the future.

Thanks,
Brandon

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Jared Still

This is NetBackup 5.1 MP5 on Windows 2003.

. . .

Setting up the parameters with the ALLOCATE CHANNEL command does not work with DUPLICATE
DATABASE and NetBackup.