Re: Restoring control file required?

From: LS Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 21:36:45 +0200

IMHO the only time you need to restore a control file is when you have lost it.

In fact I dont think it is even recommended restoring a controlfile if you have not lost it (and only lost datafiles) because this will force you to perform an incomplete recovery, i.e you might lose data unless you know until which scn you need to recover.

Thanks

--
LSC