Re: PeopleSoft ERP DEV/TEST environment on VMWare Virtual Machine

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 15:37:05 -0700

On 8/3/07, Li Li <litanli_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, all,
>
> I wonder if anybody on this list has PeopleSoft ERP DEV/TEST environment
> (including database, app/web server, process scheduler, etc) running on
> Virtual Machine? Is there anything that needs to be concerned? Any
> comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
>
> -Li

One thing you need to consider about Oracle licenses:

If you are licensed by CPU, then Oracle will consider that all of the CPU's on the
VM server are used by Oracle.

Even if assign 1 cpu from a 16 cpu box, Oracle requires a license for 16 CPU's.

This topic was discussed here just last week I think, so you may want to search the archives.

--
Jared Still