Replicating E-Business Suite for Reporting

From: Allan Nelson <anelson77388_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 12:24:09 -0500

Hello All,

I am working on a project to create a reporting environment from an Oracle E-Business suite database that will be at 10.1.0.5 by the time the reporting project takes off. The source database is on HP-UX 11.11 and is about 750GB in size. In the generic sense of requirements this is what I would like to do:

  1. The target will be a copy of the source without applying data warehouse techniques. I will be able to add a few indexes or views.
  2. I would like to use RAC on Redhat Linux as the target platform both for availability reasons and lease termination reasons .
  3. If at all possible I would like to use 10gR2 for the target database
  4. I cannot upgrade the source to 10gR2.

I was thinking about using a logical standby and still am, but I would have to do that all on HP. According to the DataGuard docs the platforms have to be the same with regard to OS flavor but not with respect to hardware.

I'm not adverse to Streams or a third party solution and I would like some pointers on where to start researching. I'm reading up on Streams now.

I know this is vague but it is what I have at present.

Thanks in Advance
Allan Nelson