RE: Gmail Account Alert ( Verify Your Account Now ) - off topic

From: Reidy, Ron <Ron.Reidy_at_arraybiopharma.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 11:17:27 -0600

Can you say "phishing"?

Ron Reidy
Lead DBA

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Syed Jaffar Hussain Sent: Friday, August 03, 2007 9:15 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Fwd: Gmail Account Alert ( Verify Your Account Now ) - off topic

Sorry for the off-topic. However, I just wanted to confirm whether its a real one or just making fool.

If it is real, why the hell Gmail team requires my password and other personal information?

Has any one in the list got the same?

Thanks

Jaffar

G MAI L BETA                         VERIFY YOUR FREE G MAI L ACCOUNT NOW !!! Dear G ma il Account Owner,

     This message is from Gmail messaging center to all Gmail free account owners and premium account owners. We are currently upgrading our data base and e-mail account center. We are deleting all unused Gmail account to create more space for new accounts.

   To prevent your account from closing you will have to update it below so that we will know that it's a present used account.

    CONFIRM YOUR IDENTITY BELOW

      Enter the letter from the Security Image : ........ 859304

    Warning!!! Account owner that refuses to update his or her account within Seven days of receiving this warning will lose his or her account permanently.

Thank you for using Gmail !
Warning Code:VX2G99AAJ

Thanks,
The Gmail Team
G MAI L BETA

--
Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain

http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/
http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#hussain
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."

This electronic message transmission is a PRIVATE communication which
contains information which may be confidential or privileged. The
information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity
named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that
information is prohibited. Please notify the sender  of the delivery
error by replying to this message, or notify us by telephone
(877-633-2436, ext. 0), and then delete it from your system.