RE: RAC nodes list?

From: Caviness, Jay A <Jay.Caviness_at_McKesson.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 16:34:42 -0500

You can look at gv$instance which will give you the host name for each instance currently on your cluster

Thanks,

Jay

Jay Caviness                                             Horizon
Clinicals - Systems Engineering
Sr. Systems Engineer - Oracle DBA      McKesson Information Solutions
jay.caviness_at_mckesson.com <blocked::mailto:jay.caviness_at_mckesson.com> 285 Century Place
303-926-2444                                           Louisville, CO
80027

I gotta fever...and the only prescription for it is ... MORE COWBELL!

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Tim Gorman Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2007 3:25 PM
To: oracle-l
Subject: Re: RAC nodes list?

Query V$THREAD. It may not have all the information you want, but the rows are always there even if the instances aren't up...

Tim Gorman

consultant - Evergreen Database Technologies, Inc.

P.O. Box 1802, Evergreen CO 80437-1802

website = http://www.evdbt.com <http://www.evdbt.com>

email = tim_at_evdbt.com <mailto:tim_at_evdbt.com>

mobile = +1-303-885-4526

fax = +1-303-484-3608

Kerber, Andrew W. wrote:

Srvctl works within sqlplus?

I want to get the information w/o going to the os. Someone suggested v$thread earlier, and that will get me the instance names, but I would also like to get the server names if possible.