export & import FULL =Y

From: Godwin vincent <godwin.ror_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 00:10:18 -0400

Hi all,

           I want to refresh a production database onto development machine using EXP and IMP. My prod. database is of very small size of approximately 4GB. I can get a full backup of the database using EXP by using " exp system/manager file=exp_full.dmp full=y ignore=y ". My main problem here is that my development database has already some data and i want to clean all the data before doing an import from the production, orelse i would be suffering with the duplication and hell lot of errors with the constraints. I would like to ask you as what are the different ways i could use to clean the database before a fresh import. One option would be to drop all the schemas and start the import. In this scenario, how can i find all the shemas, which does not include the default schemas that are created at the database creation time. For example: SYS, SYSTEM, DBSNMP, OUTLN, DIP, TSMSYS are created by default. I do not want to drop these schemas as it might effect the database. Please advise.

Any information will be of a great help.

Thanks,
Godwin.