Re: multiple standby databases

From: David Sharples <davidsharples_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 20:08:11 +0100

you can have as many standbys as you practically need - the docs are very clear on that really

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14239/concepts.htm

section 1.1

 1.1 Data Guard Configurations

A Data Guard configuration consists of one production database and one or more standby databases. The databases in a Data Guard configuration are connected by Oracle Net and may be dispersed geographically. There are no restrictions on where the databases are located, provided they can communicate with each other. For example, you can have a standby database on the same system as the production database, along with two standby databases on other systems at remote locations.