Re: srvctl remove asm generates PRKS-1033 and CRS-0214

From: Charles Schultz <sacrophyte_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 09:07:59 -0500

Randy,

It is tough to diagnose from here. =) See the rant that Bill Wagman shares with us.
As Li-Shan Cheng pointed out, we had to use crs_stop on ASM first, and then srvctl remove asm. LS Cheng did a great job at reproducing the error and coming up with the right solution.

I agree, the documentation is good indeed; but not comprehensive by any means. Li-Shan pointed out, from the documentation, that one should use crs_stop when a service is in an UNKNOWN state, but there is not much else besides that. And you gotta love those "dangerous" commands. We were recently by Oracle Support told that crs_unregister is buggy and not well supported.

There is a lot of black magic that goes on with CRS, enough to make any BAAG-party member have cold sweats and nightmares. *grin*

--
Charles Schultz