Re: Oracle clusterware without RAC

From: Dan Norris <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 12:01:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Tony, Yes, I've done that. Not in a production environment (yet), but it does work pretty well. It's easier to use when you have a cluster filesystem, but still good uses if you don't have a CFS. There's some sample agent code for clusterware at the bottom of this page: http://www.oracle.com/technology/sample_code/products/rac/index.html While I pride myself on knowing as little about licensing as I can without getting sued :) , I do know that Clusterware has a relatively unique licensing. You can have any number of nodes in a Clusterware cluster (if used for non-Oracle software) as long as one node in the cluster has a license for Oracle Database. I believe that includes any version/edition of Oracle Database license, but I'm not sure about that part. Dan ----- Original Message ---- From: Tony Vecchiet <Tony.Vecchiet@xilinx.com> To: oracle-l@freelists.org Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 12:58:29 PM Subject: Oracle clusterware without RAC Does anyone use Oracle's clusterware without RAC on linux? Our Sys Admins want to use it without databases or clustered file systems. I see in the manual where Oracle says it's possible, but does anyone really use it? -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l