RE: Install 10g - shutdown 9206?

From: <Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 13:40:12 -0400

Do you have to unset them? Would it hurt if you set them to oracle10 environment? (which appears to have worked for me).

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
joel.patterson_at_crowley.com
x72546
904 727-2546

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of J. Dex Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 11:28 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Install 10g - shutdown 9206?

I want to install 10gR2 software and security Patch on a Linux box that is already running 9206 databases. Do I need to shutdown all of the 9206 databases before installing? (I know they need to be shutdown if I plan to migrate them but I can't find in the docs whether they have to be shutdown to just install a new version of software without migration).

Don't get caught with egg on your face. Play Chicktionary!  http://club.live.com/chicktionary.aspx?icid=chick_hotmailtextlink2

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer system. Thank you.

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Jul 31 2007 - 12:40:12 CDT