Re: Install 10g - shutdown 9206?

From: Don Seiler <don_at_seiler.us>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 11:53:22 -0500

Assuming you are installing into a completely new ORACLE_HOME, your running instances shouldn't be affected. That said, I'd still have the heebie-jeebies and would want to shut down and back up the existing instance and 9206 ORACLE_HOME files.

Don.

On 7/31/07, J. Dex <cemail_219_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> I want to install 10gR2 software and security Patch on a Linux box that is
> already running 9206 databases. Do I need to shutdown all of the 9206
> databases before installing? (I know they need to be shutdown if I plan to
> migrate them but I can't find in the docs whether they have to be shutdown
> to just install a new version of software without migration).

> Don't get caught with egg on your face. Play Chicktionary!
> http://club.live.com/chicktionary.aspx?icid=chick_hotmailtextlink2

Don Seiler
oracle: http://ora.seiler.us
ultimate: http://www.mufc.us