Install 10g - shutdown 9206?

From: J. Dex <cemail_219_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 12:28:02 -0400

I want to install 10gR2 software and security Patch on a Linux box that is already running 9206 databases. Do I need to shutdown all of the 9206 databases before installing? (I know they need to be shutdown if I plan to migrate them but I can't find in the docs whether they have to be shutdown to just install a new version of software without migration).

Don't get caught with egg on your face. Play Chicktionary!  http://club.live.com/chicktionary.aspx?icid=chick_hotmailtextlink2