Re: Data Guard Standby Database

From: d cheng <dc4oracle_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 18:39:22 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you everyone for your responses! What is the difference between going with a RAC standby versus a single instance standby?

John Darrah <darrah.john_at_gmail.com> wrote:   The only limitation I know of is that you can't have RAC going to single instance and then cascade from there to another standby. You can definitely have a simple standby from RAC to single instance.

  On 7/27/07, d cheng <dc4oracle_at_yahoo.com> wrote: Hi Listers,

  I am working with a 2-node RAC system and we are thinking about using Data Guard's physical database feature for DR Do you know if we can use a single instance physical Standby database versus having another 2-node RAC standby system?

  Thank you in advance for your help!

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?