Re: A question on supplemental logging on 10.2.0.3 RAC

From: Anurag Verma <anuragdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 12:39:33 -0700

There are many reasons, I feel.

Basically, I am implementing ORacle change data capture (CDC ) in my 6 node RAC database. And CDC will be applied on only around 50 tables out of 2000 user tables.

What Oracle says in documentation that I have to enable Supplemental logging on database level.

And when we enable supplemental logging level on database level, the archive log generation will go upto around 3-4 times in the database.

So just for 50 tables, the logging is going to affect the whole database. Hence if there is any table level logging is there, it would really be great.