RE: alter user identified externally

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 11:12:27 -0400

Gene,

You need 'ALTER USER' privilege to do this.

SQL> create user nondba identified by nondba;

User created.

SQL> grant connect to nondba;

Grant succeeded.

SQL> conn nondba/nondba
Connected.
SQL> alter user nondba identified externally; alter user nondba identified externally
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

SQL> conn / as sysdba
Connected.
SQL> grant alter user to nondba;

Grant succeeded.

SQL> conn nondba/nondba
Connected.
SQL> alter user nondba identified externally;

User altered.

HTH,
-Mark

--

Mark J. Bobak
Senior Database Administrator, System & Product Technologies ProQuest

ProQuest...Start here.