Re: script to drop/create schema indexes

From: <JApplewhite_at_austinisd.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 09:49:32 -0500

JP,

My simple-minded solution would be to export the schema with Rows=N, then import using the IndexFile parameter. You'll get all the Create Index statements in a text file that you can edit and run. Check out the Utilities doc.

I'm sure there are newer, cooler 10g facilities for this, but I'm not there yet.

Jack C. Applewhite - Database Administrator Austin (Texas) Independent School District 512.414.9715 (wk) / 512.935.5929 (pager)

 I'll just sit back in the shade while everyone gets laid.  That's what I call Intelligent Design. -- God ("Origin of Species": Chris Smither)

"Prem Khanna J" <premjhere_at_gmail.com>
07/27/2007 09:28 AM
Please respond to
premjhere_at_gmail.com

oracle-l <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
cc

Subject
script to drop/create schema indexes

Friends ,

I want to drop/create all indexes of a schema. This is on 10.2.0.2/AIX5.3L .
Thought I don't want to do it (i want to go for rebuild) , my irate customer wants it dropped/created.
I couldn't convince him .

Does someone has a good script to do that ? If someone can share it with me, it would be great.

Thanks .

~jp~