Re: many seconds waiting for I/O?

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 21:15:15 +0800

It would be interesting to see the actual SQL Query that you used to generate this list.
Which views have you joined together ? At what interval did you generate these snapshots ?
Why do I ask ?
How do you get Consistent_Gets being reported with Wait_Time and Seconds_In_Wait ?
Your Consitent_Gets are increasing but the Seq# remains the same. There is some inconsistency in your listing.

Hemant

At 05:09 PM Friday, amonte wrote:
>Hi
>
>I have a batch process running and it seems that it's waiting for
>I/O all the time, the strange thing is it shows 400 seconds waits!
>
>EVENT CONSISTENT_GETS SPID WAIT_TIME
>SECONDS_IN_WAIT STATE SEQ#
>-------------------------- --------------- ------------ ----------
>--------------- ------------------- ----------
>db file sequential read 212532
>25879 -1 374 WAITED SHORT TIME 892
>

>EVENT CONSISTENT_GETS SPID WAIT_TIME
>SECONDS_IN_WAIT STATE SEQ#
>-------------------------- --------------- ------------ ----------
>--------------- ------------------- ----------
>db file sequential read 212717
>25879 -1 431 WAITED SHORT TIME 892
>

>EVENT CONSISTENT_GETS SPID WAIT_TIME
>SECONDS_IN_WAIT STATE SEQ#
>-------------------------- --------------- ------------ ----------
>--------------- ------------------- ----------
>db file sequential read 212925
>25879 -1 504 WAITED SHORT TIME 892
>
>What can cause this???
>
>Thanks!
>
>Alex

Hemant K Chitale
http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win" !"
Mohandas Gandhi Quotes
: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mohandas_gandhi.html