ASM mirroring vs SAM mirroring

From: Peter McLarty <p.mclarty_at_cqu.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 12:08:41 +1000

Hi all
Not being a storage guru, I need some help

I have been through the papers on racsig and done some googling "asm mirroring" and looking for product specific papers and cant find anything definitive as to why one is a winner and not the other

Here is my scenario
2 HP EVA8000 SANS
RAC cluster
ASM for storage on said SANS
The two SANS are in different datacenteres about 1km apart. Some cluster nodes reside in each datacentre. Oracle 10.2.0.3 Redhat 4 nodes

Question is ASM mirroring better than SAN mirroring? Why is it better or not Sould we use the HP SAN mirroring product

Cheers

--

Peter McLarty
Database Administrator