RE: Need another pair(s) of eyes

From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 05:05:21 -0600

Toon,

No, my tests show same results - except for performance ( which is the reason for the transformation ). I just wanted some second opinion in case I overlooked something, like something unexpected involving NULLS or empty sets, even though in this case all columns involved are NOT NULL. That you validate my transformation gives me great confidence.

At 04:55 AM 7/26/2007, Koppelaars, Toon wrote:
>Wolfgang,
>
>They seem like perferctly valid transformations, do you have evidence
>(i.e. actual example) which shows the opposite?
>In a 2VL world these two pairs of expressions are equivalent.
>Maybe SQL's 3VL logic is throwing in some dirt? Allthough I don't see
>how/where.
>
>Toon

Regards

Wolfgang Breitling