Where should RAC listener run from

From: William Wagman <wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 10:23:30 -0700

Alex,

Thank you. To follow up on this question I would ask whether it matters which home the listener is running from. I am running on Linux, RHEL4 with Oracle 10.2.0.3.0 64-bit Enterprise Edition. I have three homes, one for CRS, one for AS< and one for RDBMS. The listener is currently running out of the ASM home on each node and seems to be working properly. What are the ramifications of it running out of the ASM home as opposed to the RDBMS home?

Thanks.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis
IET Campus Data Center