Re: Oracle security fixes are released between official cpu releases

From: David Litchfield <david_at_databasesecurity.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 12:13:31 +0100

> I tried the bunkerview on a 10203 database which had patch 7 (6038241)
> applied which is also labeled as cpu APRIL 2007 and it failed. So looks
> like
> it was already fixed before Cpu July 2007 came out. That makes me believe
> that Oracle releases security fixes in between cpu's.

When waiting for Oracle to fix some of the security issues I've informed them about, I've noted that, if a fix is available for a given platform, Oracle may to slip it in to a CPU without announcing it. Only when all platforms have a patch available do Oracle then note it in their risk matrix. This is probably what you're seeing. HTH,
David